Timeline

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Target Audience

My target audience is going to have a quite a large range of ages. It will be able to range from 16 - 28. I have done this as rap music and other popular music of similar styles is quite popular with a large age group, as it can fill older people with nostalgia and also younger people with their favourite current music. I have not only picked this type of magazine as it is my favourite music choice, but also because it will fit into the age group that is most likely to buy a magazine (Aged 27 on average).

My target audience will most likely be people in the 'aspirer' category as they care very much about their appearance to others. However they usually are not pushed away from spending a bit more money, than the typical mainstream category. So my target audience may also fall into the Succeeder category. It can cover a wide area, which is good in some aspects but advertisers would find it hard to target the audience very easily.

My target audience will be predominantly male, as the other magazines i have looked at have also had a higher percentage of male readers over female readers. (XXL had more than 60% of their readers as male, from the media kit that i looked at)

My readers will fall mainly around the B, C1 and C2 group as they are not extremely rich but still like to spend a lot of money on luxuries if they can. However there may be a percentage of D as well as they are not all as rich as the rest. There will not be many uneducated people that read my magazine as they will not be educated enough to actually enjoy reading it at all, or wish to spend money on buying a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment