Timeline

Monday 28 September 2015

Learning Photoshop

We were working with photoshop today. However I have been doing this for roughly three years so photoshop is no issue for me.


I was able to get a large picture of my desired 'model' (G-Eazy) and fit him in the bottom right are of the screen, but let him take up most of the page. I then found a font with multiple thickness options and used three of them; Regular, Bold & Italic. I did not use simple black or white for the background, more a light grey backing & dark grey text, this made it look more professional, as this is the style that G-Eazy likes to work with. With the cover lines I changed used an adjustment layer by selecting the outline of the text & then creating a new adjustment layer (invert) as this meant that if it goes over onto the model that it will still be visible as it will be the opposite colour to anything behind it. I realised that the image was lacking something so I got a smoke stock from the internet rubbed out around the model with a soft brush and placed the smoke behind him, leaving a small amount on either side of him. I then applied a white brush at the top right corner on top of everything to give an element of light to the image. I used sizing to my advantage, have the main points of interest large, and having extra information small or unnoticeable to keep the minimalist qualities of the cover page.


The photo had some dimples on his face which ruined the picture of the model. I used a spot healing brush to fix this, and now it is pretty much unnoticeable that there was ever an indent in his face, I was particularly proud of this, as it is not always easy to fix parts of the image like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment